Grain size analysis (sieving and hydrometer)
Geotec is used to calculate the complete grain size curve based on the sieving and hydrometer tests done on the samples. Geotec provides flexibility with regards to the methods used in the laboratory.
In Lab, display the grain size curve with the passing and / or retained percentage as a function of diameter, from blocks to clay. The particle size requirement can also be overlaid.
- Sieving method specified per test, with one, two or three sieve sets
- Entry of individual or cumulative masses
- Conformity of curve with selected grain size requirement
- Calibration of 151H and 152H hydrometers
- Composed correction or reference solution
- Geotec calculates passing percentages, effective diameters, fineness module, Cu and Cc coefficients, materials proportions, USCS classification and grain size description
Lab also offers more advanced options for grain size tests.
- Statistics for a series of curves (minimum, maximum, average, etc.)
- Correction to include percentages of cobbles and blocks
- Simulation of separation at a specific diameter
- Combination of grain size curves to determine the resulting curve
Atterberg limits and natural water content
Geotec is used to calculate the natural water content and the Atterberg limits of a soil sample.
In Lab, display the Atterberg chart as well as the graphs used to determine the liquid limit.
- Entry of masses to determine the natural water content and plastic limit
- Entry of masses and of number of blows for the liquid limit via the Casagrande apparatus
- Entry of masses and of penetration measurements (mm) for the liquid limit via the Swedish cone penetrometer
- Calculation of an average if several tests are done
- Geotec calculates WN, LL, PL, IP, IL and USCS
Generalities and options for graphic presentation
Entry forms for results of various lab tests done on samples
All data is saved in corporate database
Data import from CSV and export to CSV
Graph for each test in the report
Display of one or multiple curves in the reports
Summary tables showing information linked to the samples or specific tables for a test showing laboratory measurements and calculations done by Geotec
Graphic presentation independent from data and can be reused for any project