Sobek offers an annual technical support and maintenance contract that gives access to all Geotec updates, minor and major, as well as unlimited technical support.
Why should I take the Annual Contract?
- Access to the latest Geotec updates.
- Unlimited technical support.
- Geotec licensing and installation support.
- No additional fee when a new version is released.
How much does the Annual Contract cost?
- One year of Annual Contract is about 20% of the current license cost.
- The Annual Contract is included for free the first year following purchase of a perpetual license.
- The Annual Contract is renewable every year.
- The Annual Contract is included with subscription licenses.
How does the Annual Contract work?
- Sobek provides a new license file or an update code for your USB key at renewal.
- All software updates released while your contract is valid will work.
What happens if I do not renew my Annual Contract?
- Your existing version of Geotec will continue to work. Updates released after your contract expires will not work.
- Technical support is provided at an additional fee.
Do I have to purchase the Annual Contract?
- No, the Annual Contract is optional.
- An expired contract can be reactivated by paying the annual contract fees that were missed, to a maximum of 80% of the price of a new license.
What is considered as technical support?
Technical support includes assistance to users for the normal use of Geotec. Support is mainly given by phone, email or remote access software. It includes the following elements.
- Specific questions regarding Geotec operations.
- Questions about features available in Geotec.
- Assistance during the installation of Geotec.
- Minor modifications to a style file.
- Minor corrections or modifications to SQL queries.
What is not covered by technical support?
Technical support is used to answer questions pertaining to the use of Geotec. Below are examples that are not covered by technical support.
- Explanations on the general use of the software.
- Software learning.
- Theoretical training of geotechnical concepts.
- Data entry.
- Production of graphic reports.
- Development or translation of style files.
Customized trainings and technical assistance (outsourcing) are available on an hourly or flat-fee basis to be established depending on the scope of work.
What is considered as maintenance?
Maintenance includes all minor fixes as well as major versions.
- Modifications to the graphic interface to enhance the user friendliness of the modules.
- Adjustments to calculations and operations.
- Testing and adjustments for new versions of Windows, Android and database management systems.
- Addition of new functionalities.
- Addition of new entry forms and calculations.
- Improvement of algorithms.
What is not considered as maintenance?
The following examples are not considered as maintenance. Please contact us if you have suggestions for developments.
- Addition of functionalities specific to a client.
- Addition or correction subject to a deliverable and a schedule.